Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We're here!

This will just be a short update, mainly to say....we have made it to Langley! After a nail-biting trip from Wyoming, including an afternoon spent driving over and through the Cascades in a snow storm, we arrived in Langley on Wednesday night. Everything went great at the border, we both officially have work permits, and best of all (for me), we have an apartment!
Sadly, upon unpacking we discovered that we still do not know where our camera charger is...so no pictures yet. We did, however, just get awesome new cell phones with cameras probably better than our old sony snap and shoot anyway. So as soon as I get my tech skills up-to-date with those (hopefully later today) I'll try to post some pictures.  Because, to be perfectly modest, our apartment is awesome!
It's a relatively chilly day here in Langley, the high forecast is 3 degress Celsius (that's around 38 to all my fellow Fahrenheiters). But rumor has it this is nothing compared to some slick freezing rain back in Michigan. So far its rained every day we've been here, which is apparently pretty standard for 6 months out of the year, but to our delight the temperatures have stayed pretty much north of freezing. I guess I can live with rain if it means I won't freeze :)
Hope everyone is doing well, I'll try to post pictures asap. But right now, we're venturing out to check out the local library. My fingers are itching for some new reads :)

No comments:

Post a Comment