Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Images of Spring

While this weekend graced us with beautiful blue skies and sunshine over the mountains, the forecast for the next two weeks looks like this:

 Yuck Yuck Yuck!
So I thought I'd use this post to give myself some images and words from around the web of what a beautiful spring should look like. So here we go!
Snow drops on my walk to the library!
It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain
Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"
Squirrel sugar cookies
Now every field is clothed with grass, and every tree with leaves; now the woods put forth their blossoms, and the year assumes its gay attire.  ~Virgil
April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.  ~William Shakespeare
This is actually in Vancouver, we'll be taking a trip there later this spring I'm sure
Spring has returned.  The Earth is like a child that knows poems.  ~Rainer Maria Rilke
  
 April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers. ~Edna St. Vincent Mallay

 Thanks for reading through my spring madness. For all you back in Michigan who still have snow on the ground, spring is just around the corner! But if you want to jump start it, there's a futon with your name on it out here in Langley. Just give us about 10 days for the weather to clear up ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love your spring madness! I love all the quotes - I feel it here too - just so tired of drab white and brown - I crave green! I'm glad you found a creative way to deal with spring madness! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and your spring thoughts.. It makes me really think of you!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love all over the world for you two! :)

    ReplyDelete