Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happiness is this right here

Well it looks like, somehow, the news got out. I was waiting until it was 100% sure to share, but like most good news, people have found out anyway. Over the next couple months, Jared and I will be slowly adjusting to a new way of life--one that involves little sleep, busy days, and a house that might have crumbs left on the counters, dirty dishes in the sink and piles of clothes on the floor. It will be a trying time, full of many changes, but it will be worth it. We are excited. We are overjoyed.

 ...

BECAUSE I GOT A JOB!!!

...

Hahaha, that was fun :) I love the power of words to be deceptive. So for those of you who haven't heard, I am the new Copy Editor of Publications at Logos Bible Software! Having completed my first "week" at work (I'm working 30 hours over the course of three days) I can safely and surely say that I love my job! Logos is a wonderful company, and as my department has grown from one person to a staff of five over the past year, there are tons of opportunities for advancement and new projects to undertake....which is really exciting. The only minor inconvenience is that the company is located in Bellingham, Washington, so in addition to a bit of a commute I get to chat with border crossing guards twice a day. But the job is so worth it. Thank you all for your support, encouragement and prayers! This job is exactly what I've been dreaming of!

This weekend, Jared and I are looking forward to some to some nicer weather and a chance to get out and explore! Last weekend, we went to an area called Buntzen Lake. It was a slightly rainy day, but we decided to morph into true north-westerners --which means we donned our raincoats and hiked through the rain. We ended up missing our intended trail (we have a habit of doing that), but when we back tracked and saw what we had missed, we decided to come back another day. So this Saturday we're returning there with a group of YL leaders. We're looking forward to some mossy trees, stunning views and waterfalls.

A lesser known fact about the city of Vancouver is that it is supposed to be magnificent in the spring when its numerous cherry trees are in blossom. We're looking forward to traveling into the city with Jared and Elise to check out the trees, and possibly wander around Stanley Park.

Happy April everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lissa, I am soo happy/proud of you!! Your new job sounds wonderful! I knew you would find one in no time! Love you!
    -Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my fussy face >O ... I just read your blog.. and all I could think was... "How can she be telling this via the internet??"... then I kept reading and realized it was all a nasty trick, a play of words, to make us think one thing when you really ment to say another... grr! Okay haha now I can laugh! Hope you're having a good one! love, Katie

    ReplyDelete