Monday, April 18, 2011

Some internet favorites

I just wanted to really quickly share two sites which have kind of captured my attention lately--

One is dafont.com, a site with hundreds of unique, free fonts. I was briefly infatuated with this site during the wedding planning, but kind of forgot about it after the invites were sent out. Now, I'm itching for projects to use some of my newest font acquisitions. If you look long enough, you'll find everything from old school typwriter, rubber stamp and chalkboard to graffiti and comic-book based fonts. It is awesome!

The other is wordle.net, a fun little site that allows you to make cool little word clouds like this one from one of my previous posts:
All you have to do is enter your words and it'll generate one of these--then you can change the font, color scheme and word orientation until it looks the way you want. The only bad thing about this site is that you can't easily do anything with the word cloud once you've made it--I had to take a screen shot of mine in order to use it in this blog. But it's still cute! I assume the site's makers will eventually make it more user-friendly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment