Monday, October 25, 2010



Hello all! Check out my chairs now--
Jared and I decided on this blue, so instead of a kitchen that threatens to look sort of McDonald's ish with red and yellow everything, we have a more balanced red, yellow and blue, like this:
photo from the lovely blog Dear Daisy Cottage--this woman's house is the happiest looking place I've ever seen :)
In the store, the blue we picked was a little more dusty, not quite as bright, but of course paints tend to come out a little different in person than on the sample. They're blue, and they're kind of bright, but I love them! 
And this is the fabric I have so far for the seat cushions.
I found these on my family's annual trip to Shipshewana at Yoder's Department Store--they carry all sorts of fabrics, including lots of 1930's vintage styles that I am in love with! I could have probably spent all day there trying to eeny, meeny, miny, moe my favorite from the bunch, but fortunately my mom was there to patiently guide me and help me narrow down my selections :) I'm planning on using the yellow stripe as kind of a "default" cushion for all four chairs (once I have 4 of them) and the red for mix and match. I'm excited for the splash of color this will bring  someday to what I'm sure will be a very white apartment, and I can't wait to find more fabrics! I think the blue chairs will let me be pretty versatile, perfect for my flighty decorating habits :)
My sisters and I on our Shipshewana Trip
And to add some more excitement...meet my third chair! 

Jared's mom had a splash of luck when she found this in a used furniture store out near her. I gave it a little love this weekend---glued some joints all by myself!--and now it's stable and ready to paint. I'm still trying to decide whether I should prime this one with gray spray primer like I did the others, or just go ahead and paint it blue. The chilly weather isn't exactly appealing me to the primer method...but we'll see. So three down, only one more chair to find! Hopefully by the next post I'll have actually gotten a cushion or two made, somehow I've ended up with more projects than I bargained for, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment